This interesting lesson introduces the students to both major and minor political parties in the United States, including characteristics of each. Most students may be aware of the two major parties, Republican and Democrat, but the other parties will be new to many of the students. Students are encouraged to become aware of politics and its impact on them today, and why involvement, such as voting, is important.
Political Parties Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Political Parties
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!