The lesson introduces students to prohibition and the 18th and 21st amendments which banned and then permitted alcohol in the United States. Most students will not be familiar with the topic since they have lived in an America that has always permitted alcohol. The causes and effects of prohibition are introduced, as well has the reasons the ban was eventually lifted. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to the early 1900s in the United States.
Prohibition Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Prohibition
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!