Shapes can be classified in a variety of ways. The lesson describes how triangles can be classified by angles or sides, while parallelograms can be classified using angles or congruent sides. The lesson defines vocabulary related to the figures like acute and obtuse triangles. Students are giving ample opportunity with practice and activity sheets to use the new vocabulary to identify and draw shapes and figures.
Properties of Figures Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Properties of Figures
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on comparing and contrasting Properties of Figures
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!