The lesson introduces students to the variety of ways in which shapes and figures can be classified. For example, triangles can be classified by angles or by sides. Vocabulary relevant to figure classification is included in the lesson, such as scalene and rectangle, along with many others. Illustrations accompany the definitions so you can provide visual aides for your students.
Properties of Figures Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Properties of Figures
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on comparing and contrasting Properties of Figures
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!