Most students at this level understand the basics of punctuation. However, they may not fully grasp the effect punctuation has on the meaning of a sentence. Students may see punctuation used like colons, semi-colons, or dashes, but may not understand the effect they have while reading, or when to use them with their writing. It is important teachers to remind students not to overuse punctuation marks.
Punctuation for Effect Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about using Punctuation for Effect
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice using Punctuation for Effect
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!