The lesson introduces students to writer, scientist, and ecologist Rachel Carson. She played a key role in the birth of environmentalism in the 20th century. Many students are unaware of early leaders in the field of ecology. The lesson is an overview of Carson’s life, including personal and professional. She is most notable for her book titled Silent Spring, which converted many people to fight for the environment. It is important for students to become aware of the environment and how humans can affect the environment, both positively and negatively.
Rachel Carson Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Rachel Carson
- Hands-on homework activities learning more about Rachel Carson
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!