Using our Ratio and Proportion Lesson Plan, students will be able to understand and apply ratios to groups of objects, compute rate of change, use cross products in proportions to solve for missing values, and use tables and graphs to solve real world problems. This lesson generalizes the concepts as students utilize their charts and relate the information to a grocery store item. Leverage peer learning as students solve each others problems to drive practice, self-correction and identification of errors. Discussing the jobs where ratios and proportions are relevant, students engage their analytical and critical thinking skills.
Ratio and Proportion Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Ratio and Proportion.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on determining what rates, ratios & proportions are, and use tables and graphs to solve real world problems.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!