The lesson focuses on word problems that deal with rate, a ratio that compares two different types of quantities. The lesson uses proportions to solve the word problems, and uses a variety of “real world” examples so students will understand that this math lesson is relevant to their everyday lives.
Ratio and Rate Word Problems Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Ratio and Rate Word Problems
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Ratio and Rate Word Problems
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!