The lesson presents various strategies students may use to compare fractions. The lesson begins with a brief introduction reviewing greater than (<), less than (>), and equal to (=) signs. The lesson provides examples in which students look at fractions with either the same numerator or the same denominator to determine which is larger. Illustrations are provided with the examples to enhance understanding especially for visual learners. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to fractions.
Reasoning to Compare Fractions Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Reasoning to Compare Fractions
- Hands-on homework activities giving students plenty of practice
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!