The lesson introduces students to the time period following the Civil War known as the Reconstruction Era. It was a contentious period which often mirrors moments in society and politics today. The students are given a summary of the causes of the Civil War, and then the healing of a nation, plus the rebuilding of the Southern states, both literally and ideologically. Because there is so much that can be discussed related to Reconstruction, teachers are encouraged to use the additional online resources which are age appropriate and can fulfill your technology requirement. The lesson can be used in conjunction with lessons related to the Civil War.
Reconstruction Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Reconstruction
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!