In this lesson students will be able to recognize rows and columns in a rectangular array and generate an addition sentence to express the sum of the array. They will practice problems by making addition sentences with the row and column addends to reinforce the equality of the sums.
Rectangular Arrays Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Rectangular Arrays
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on comparing and contrasting Rectangular Arrays
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!