The lesson introduces students to the regular vowel teams: oa, ee, ai, ay, oi, and oy. It also refers to some of the vowel teams that do not follow the rule. As with all reading, the more practice students have with the concept, the better they will understand and recognize and the identify the sound, syllable, vowel, etc. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other early reading lessons.
Regular Vowel Teams Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Regular Vowel Teams
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Regular Vowel Teams
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!