Develop math reasoning with young students with our Rounding Whole Numbers Lesson Plan, which prepares students to round whole numbers to any place and use rounding for word problems. Generalize understanding by exploring when it is useful to round numbers and reinforce the strategy for knowing when to round up or down. Ample practice opportunities are available to solidify practical understanding of rounding.
Rounding Whole Numbers Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Rounding Whole Numbers.
- Rounding Whole Numbers Cut and Paste Activity
- Rounding Whole Numbers Practice Worksheet
- Rounding Whole Numbers Homework Worksheet
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!