The lesson introduces students to the Salem Witch Trials and the hysteria that went along with them. Many students have heard the term “witch hunt”, but may not understand the history or background of its use. Most students will find the information interesting since it involved young people of the same age. Teachers are reminded to use sensitivity during the lesson, as some students’ families may believe in superstitions and other related concepts. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to the same era in history.
Salem Witch Trials Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Salem Witch Trials
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!