Apply knowledge of ratios and proportions to drawing and/or designing to scale with our Scale Drawing Lesson Plan. This lesson also introduces how to identify the actual sizes of things using scale as a guide using a fun drawing activity to apply learned concepts. Build confidence by allowing students to share their room drawings with the group. Exploring the idea of the best scale drawing or model they would like to own, students engage their creative imagination and generalize the scale drawing concepts.
Scale Drawing Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Scale Drawing.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on determining the definition of fractions, ratios, and proportions and how to use them.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!