The lesson’s audience will be third-grade students but may be used for second and fourth grade and is primarily focused on understanding shapes and their attributes. Students usually can identify the different shapes, but may not realize that shapes can share some attributes but not others. Students should be aware of the names of shapes prior using the lesson. It is recommended students have the opportunity for extensive hands-on activities using manipulatives to sort shapes by attributes. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other geometry-related lessons, or as a review for older elementary students.
Shapes and Attributes Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Shapes and Attributes
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on Shapes and Attributes
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!