The lesson introduces students to similes and metaphors; a language device students use often without realizing it. Some students may be familiar with them, but have not been formally introduced to the terminology. There is an abundance of resources on the Internet for additional practice, and you are encouraged to use some of it to enhance the students’ understanding and practice with similes and metaphors.
Similes and Metaphors Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Similes and Metaphors
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Similes and Metaphors
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!