The lesson shows students how to change singular nouns to plural nouns. Most students understand when to add an s to make a singular noun plural. However, students sometimes struggle when they must spell the word correctly, add an es, or change the singular to an irregular plural noun. Rule exceptions are also discussed in the lesson. The lesson briefly summarizes the use of the correct verb when a subject of a sentence is plural. It is recommended students be given sufficient opportunities to practice changing singular nouns to plural nouns using the additional resources.
Singular and Plural Nouns Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Singular and Plural Nouns
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Singular and Plural Nouns
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!