This compelling Slavery Lesson Plan introduces young students to slavery in America. This lesson’s focus is to bring awareness to this sensitive topic since and covers the definition of slavery, how it was used in early colonial America, slave treatment, and the slave codes. The end of slavery helped by abolitionists, the Underground Railroad, and the Civil War during Abraham Lincoln’s presidency and slavery ending with the 13th Amendment being added to the constitution.
Slavery Grades 1-3 Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Slavery.
- Definition of slavery, historical overview of slavery in colonial America and the horrible conditions for slaves.
- Discussion about how slavery ended thanks in part to Abolitionists.
- Contributions from the Underground railroad, Harriet Tubman, and Abraham Lincoln, and ultimately the Civil War and the 13th Amendment.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!