Built on a previous lesson related to slavery in America, this interactive Slavery Lesson Plan addresses this sensitive topic and its place in American History with more in-depth details and a focus on background information. Leverage empathy, communication skills, and critical thinking as students explore the presence and role of slavery in America’s history, as well as how learning about the use of slavery impacts society now and in the future. While the subject may be sensitive for some students, the lesson may be adapted to meet the needs and sensitivities of your class. Guide your students to obtaining accurate facts as they generalize their understanding when popular entertainment, books, and other areas in society refer to the issue of slavery.
Slavery Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about slavery
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!