The lesson introduces students to square roots. Students should already be familiar with how to square numbers before working on this lesson. After explaining what a square root is, the lesson defines vocabulary related to square roots such as inverse, radical and radicand. Next the lesson walks through the process for finding the square root. Negative square roots are briefly covered. A chart of perfect square roots is also provided for reference.
Square Roots Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Square Roots
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on Square Roots
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!