The lesson introduces students to the Statue of Liberty and its significance to the United States today, and the past. The history of the statue is included, as well as other important and interesting facts. Many students may have seen photos or images of the statue, but may be unaware of its history, its construction, and other information about it. Teachers are encouraged to present one or more of the videos to the class.
Statue of Liberty Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Statue of Liberty
- Hands-on homework activities learning more about the Statue of Liberty
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!