Introduce your students to a mathematical operation using visuals to help them understand the concept of subtraction. The lesson helps your students understand various vocabulary related to subtraction, as well as the symbols minus sign and equals sign. An included activity sheet gives students a chance to practice writing the subtraction sentence to go along with their pictures.
Subtracting Using Objects & Drawings Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Subtracting using Objects & Drawings
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Subtracting using Objects & Drawings
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!