In our interactive Subtraction with Regrouping Lesson Plan, students will be introduced to regrouping strategies for subtraction. Combined with practice and additional resource to enhance understanding, students will define and understand what it means to regroup when subtracting. The engaging “Find Someone Who Can Regroup” activity employs interactive peer learning as students create a problem, have a classmate solve the problem, then check the solution for accuracy.
Subtraction with Regrouping Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Explains to students that another strategy for subtraction is using regrouping.
- Reinforce vocabulary and give students additional examples of subtraction with regrouping problems in order to help them practice the new algorithm.
- Introduce the notes on subtraction with regrouping.
- Use the additional resources to enhance understanding.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!