A great lesson to be used during Women’s History Month (March), which introduces students to Susan B. Anthony. Most students may not have heard of Anthony, except for her image on the one-dollar coin minted for just a few years, and most are unlikely to be aware of her accomplishments related to women’s rights. Her image is also scheduled to appear on special $10 bills in 2020 commemorating the 100th anniversary of the women’s suffrage movement. The goal of the lesson is to help students become aware of Susan B. Anthony and the women’s suffrage movement during her lifetime. Teachers may need to adapt to their grade level.
Susan B. Anthony Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Susan B. Anthony’s life
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!