Introduce the symbols of the United States with our engaging Symbols in America Lesson Plan, which focuses on symbols of the country, not each individual state. While not every symbol is included, you can tailor the lesson to include your specific state or local symbols. Stimulate critical thinking as students correlate symbols with their meaning. By creating a symbol that represents the classroom, students express their creativity while generalizing their understanding of the purpose of symbols.
Symbols in America Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the US symbols
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!