Introduce the concept of symmetry with our Symmetry Lesson Plan. This interactive lesson enables students to define symmetry, recognize a line of symmetry for a two-dimensional figure, identify line-symmetric figures and draw lines of symmetry. Engage critical thinking and generalize understanding as students explore the ways the human body is symmetrical and the reasons why it does not have perfect symmetry.
Symmetry Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Symmetry.
- Symmetry Cutting and Folding Activity
- Symmetry Practice Worksheet
- Symmetry Drawing Homework Worksheet
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!