The lesson introduces or reviews synonyms, antonyms, homographs, and homophones. Most of the students may have learned the concept of opposites, words that have the same meaning and sound, as well as different pronunciation/meanings of words, but they may not have learned the correct terms for each. The more practice the students have locating, using, and identifying each type of word, the better they will understand them. Some ESL students may have difficulty as well, and may need extra review and practice or one-on-one assistance.
Synonyms, Antonyms, Homographs, Homophones Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Synonyms, Antonyms, Homographs, Homophones
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!