The lesson introduces students to the history of taxes, the reasons taxes are collected, and the origin of taxes. It also gives examples of how local, state, and federal taxes are used in societies, their tax responsibility, and a brief explanation of how to figure taxes on retail items. Though the lesson is intended for grades four through six, it can be easily adapted for younger students.
Taxes Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Taxes
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on comparing and contrasting Taxes
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!