Many students may have heard about the Berlin Wall, but likely do not understand its history and relationship to World War II and later, its connection to the Cold War. The lesson introduces the students to the history of the wall, from its construction, its use, and to its fall. There are additional videos and other resources available for teachers to use in the classroom. The lesson may be used with lessons related to Germany, the Cold War or World War II.
The Berlin Wall Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the The Berlin Wall
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!