The lesson introduces students to the Gold Rush, which was part of the westward movement in the United States. Many students may have heard of the term “gold rush” but most likely do not know of its origins. The lesson may be used in conjunction with lessons related to the westward movement, the Louisiana Purchase, and other similar lessons.
The Gold Rush Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about The Gold Rush
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!