Introduce the Great Lakes with our The Great Lakes Lesson Plan, which provides students with interactive practice to identify and learn some facts about the Great Lakes. Develop concept imagery as students engage in the map coloring activity and encourage idea sharing as students share an activity they would like to do if visiting the Great Lakes.
The Great Lakes Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Informational Content Pages about The Great Lakes.
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on determining the Great Lakes and locating them on a map.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!