The lesson introduces students to the White House in Washington, D.C.; home of nearly all of the U.S. presidents. Many people visit the White House, but most students will not have the opportunity to see it in person. The lesson gives students interesting information and amazing facts about the White House. It is highly recommended teachers use one of the videos to give the students a “tour” of the White House. The lesson may be used in conjunction with a lesson related to the Executive Branch of the government, especially for older students.
The White House Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about The White House
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!