Equip your students to translate verbal expressions into algebraic expressions with our interactive Translation Lesson Plan, which starts by identifying the meaning of the associated vocabulary. Strengthen concept imagery as students pair language to corresponding symbols, including less than and greater than. Generalize understanding by referencing the application of translation in other settings.
Translation Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Translation.
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on determining how to translate verbal expressions into algebraic expressions.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!