The lesson introduces students to the Southwest region of the United States. The United States is commonly divided into five regions, though some websites may divide the states into four, six, or more geographic regions. It is important for students to become familiar with each region of the country, which will help them when current events are discussed, weather events announced, etc. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to the United States.
U.S.: Southwest Region Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the U.S.: Southwest Region
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!