The lesson introduces students to place value and how to read and write large numbers. The lesson also briefly discusses expanded form, and greater than, less than and equal to signs. A place value chart is included so students have a visual reference when writing the large numbers. The lesson can be used in conjunction with other lessons about place value.
Understanding Multi-Digit Numbers Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Understanding Multi-Digit Numbers
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Multi-Digit Numbers
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grade 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!