Our Understanding Length Lesson Plan explores how to measure the length of an object. With this interactive lesson, students will order three object by length. The experiential activity enables students to understand that measuring the length of an object is done by placing a smaller object end to end with no gaps or overlaps. Engaging a variety of manipulatives stimulates the sensory system as students apply and generalize the concept. Develop critical thinking as student discuss the reason for using a standard unit of measurement.
Understanding Length Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Length.
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on determining the definition of the length and how to find the length for different objects.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grade 1 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!