The lesson introduces students to the three community types and their differences. Many students may have heard the three terms before but may not understand the differences. They should also become aware of what is the same between the different communities, and that many people generally have the same goals in life, regardless of where they live. The students must be encouraged to learn about the communities where they do not live themselves. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other lessons related to communities, rules, citizenship, etc.
Urban, Suburban, and Rural Areas Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Urban, Suburban, and Rural Areas
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!