Our Using Illustrations Lesson Plan helps students understand how illustrations can enhance and contribute to story elements, such as setting, plot, characters, and more. Many young students enjoy illustrations and often it is their focus especially when they are beginning readers. Demonstrating how illustrations can be used in non-fiction books, and other types of content, this lesson helps students derive meaning and create context from illustration.
Using Illustrations Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Using Illustrations.
- There are excellent additional resources including videos and interactives for student use.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!