The lesson introduces students to the concept and use of variables in math and algebra. It also includes an explanation about dependent and independent variables. Often, when students begin algebra they become intimidated by “letters” mixed with numbers in expressions and equations. The lesson leads students to a better understanding of how the use of variables will help them correctly solve expressions and equations. The lesson may be used in conjunction with other algebra-related lessons.
Variables in Math Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines
- Instructional Content Pages about Variables in Math
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice with Variables in Math
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 5-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!