The lesson introduces students to the history of the Vikings who lived in Northern Europe during the Middle Ages. The lesson may be used in conjunction with a lesson related to the Middle Ages. Many students may have heard the term Vikings, but may not necessarily know the origin of this group of people from Europe. Many young students will be fascinated and intrigued by Viking history, especially when it can be connected to popular stories in books or movies. The Viking ships, clothing, shields, and other objects will pique the students’ interest as well. It is suggested teachers use one or more of the resources to share with students about life as a Viking.
Vikings Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Vikings
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!