Our War of 1812 Lesson Plan equips students to summarize the War of 1812, list the causes of the war, and identify key individuals, places, and events that played a part during the war. Upon completing this lesson, students will be able to understand and explain how the War of 1812 is likened to a 2nd American Revolution.
War of 1812 Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the War of 1812
- Label War of 1812 battles activity
- Research and define each item and its significance to the war of 1812 activity
- Get to know and define segments of the “Star spangled banner” homework assignment
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!