The lesson introduces young students to the Wright Brothers, early flight, and shows how the two men did not give up even after several failed attempts at flight. Often, students feel that failure is a reason to give up, but the lesson is a hopeful reminder that with effort and hard work, like the Wright Brothers displayed, everyone’s dream is possible. The lesson may be adapted for older students as well. The use of actual video of the Wright Brothers flight is available in the resources, and it is recommended students get the opportunity to view it.
Washington and Lincoln Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Washington and Lincoln
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!