The lesson introduces students to the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C., and the history behind this famous city. Students will also learn about several of the monuments found inside the city and their significance in history. In addition, it is important for students to find the city on a U.S. map, and its location relative to their own city. Teachers are encouraged to allow students to visit some of the many web sites giving virtual tours of Washington, D.C.
Washington, D.C. Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Washington, D.C.
- Hands-on homework activities
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-5 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!