Explore the changes of geological structures with our engaging Weathering and Erosion Lesson Plan, which introduces the difference between the two terms. Engage critical thinking as students understand the impact of weather and erosion on landforms with an interactive before and after activity. This lesson provides ample opportunity to leverage concept imagery and sensory stimulation with the use of videos and images from websites, as well as in-class hands-on experiments that demonstrate the effects of weathering and erosion over a long period of time.
Weathering and Erosion Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Weathering and Erosion.
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on identifying the effects of weathering and erosion on landforms.
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!