Our Westward Expansion Lesson Plan identifies key events leading to the expansion and its impact on the United States. Strengthen concept imagery and develop critical thinking skills as students evaluate the changes reflected in US maps over a specific period of time.
Westward Expansion Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the Westward Expansion.
- Progressive Map labeling activity showing the Western Movement across the states
- Western Expansion creative writing activity
- Practice Sheet matching each state’s role in the Western Expansion
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 4-6 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!