This basic lesson introduces students to the tens place value. Examples with visuals are provided so students understand how to write a two-digit number and put the correct value in the tens place. The lesson can be used in conjunction with other lessons related to place value.
What are Tens? Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about the place value of ten
- Hands on homework activities giving students practice on the place value of ten
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 1-2 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!