The lesson provides students with strategies for solving word problems that require division. Several strategies are included such as drawing diagrams, looking for patterns, and making graphs. A list of words students can use to discover whether or not the problem requires division is included as well. Several examples are provides for teachers to review with students. The lesson can be used in conjunction with other lessons related to word problems.
Word Problems and Division Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Word Problems and Division
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Word Problems and Division
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!