Leverage concept imagery and sensory stimulation with our engaging Word Problems and Drawings Lesson Plan, which guides students through the strategy of using pictures to understand and solve word problems. With interactive activities that encourage students to physically act out word problems, students connect language to movement and pictures as a bridge to identifying and solving the underlying math problem. Students also engage in peer learning as they create word problems for the class to solve.
Word Problems and Drawings Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about world problems and drawings
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on using drawings to solve world problems
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 2-3 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!