The lesson lists several strategies for solving word problems using multiplication. Some of the strategies include making a diagram, eliminating possibilities, and looking for patterns. Several clue words are listed to help students know when multiplication is necessary to solve a word problem. The lesson can be used in conjunction with other word problem lessons.
Word Problems and Multiplication Lesson Plan Includes:
- Full Teacher Guidelines with Creative Teaching Ideas
- Instructional Content Pages about Word Problems and Multiplication
- Hands-on homework activities giving students practice on Word Problems using Multiplication
- Answer Keys
- Common Core State Standards
- Many Additional Links and Resources
- Built for Grades 3-4 but can be adapted for other grade levels.
*Note: These lessons are PDF downloads. You will be directed to the download once you checkout. Clarendon Learning resources are FREE, we rely 100% on donations to operate our site. Thank you for your support!